Another child dies of electric shock

A second youth has died in as many days in Buffalo City Metro after coming into contact with exposed live electrical wires.

Michael-John Meyer, 14, from Parkridge, was electrocuted in front of his home on Saturday evening, just a day after a young King William’s Town boy died in a similar fashion.

A day before Michael-John was killed, Grade 1 Dale College pupil Tinashe Luminathi Siwisa from King William’s Town was electrocuted when he came into contact with an unlocked electricity transformer outside his West Bank home.

The boy was declared dead on arrival at a local doctor’s surgery.

For the full story get a copy of the Dispatch or subscribe to our e-Edition for the complete newspaper with jobs, classifieds, crosswords, TV schedules and back editions

 

NO COMMENTS

Have your say