Passionate and dynamic church musician sought
The Cathedral of St Michael and St George, Grahamstown (Makhanda)is looking for a Director of Music from 1 January 2019. This is a part time post, which might be combined e.g. with a post at Rhodes University,or teaching private music pupils. Remuneration is under review.
• directing the music and playing the organ for Cathedral worship;
• training and mentoring a group of young singers drawn from local government schools, who are members of the Makana Choir School as well as of the Cathedral choir.
Essential requirements are:
• a passion for promoting Church music in a diversity of styles and languages, as an integral part of the worship of Almighty God;
• at least three recent verifiable references, including from previous employer(s).
Relevant qualifications could include:
• appropriate music degree and/ or Fellowship (e.g. FRCO);
• experience in leading Anglican church music;
• experience in training school-going youngsters in singing and general musicianship;
• administrative competence.
Applications to The Churchwardens, Cathedral of St Michael & StGeorge
• Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
• Hand delivery to the Cathedral Office 108 High Street Grahamstown (Makhanda).
Each application must include:
• The applicant’s current contact addresses (email and telephonic);
• An up to date CV with certified copies of degrees and certificates attached;
• The names and contact addresses/contact details of THREE referees.
Monday, 26 November 2018The Cathedral reserves the right not to make an appointment. If an applicant has not been contacted by us by 15th December 2018, their application has been unsuccessful.