Junior Sport Reporter
Position: Junior Sport Reporter
Reporting to: Sport Editor
Location: East London
We are looking for a talented and dynamic Sports Reporter.
The candidate must have significant experience in the newspaper market. To initiate and write sports stories for Eastern Cape.
• Cover general sports news with an emphasis on local football, cricket and rugby but also flexible enough to include social and human rights issues;
• Provide sports stories that resonate with Eastern Cape readers in all these areas;
• Must have initiative to generate features, exclusive and unique stories, and identify sports news angles;
• Ability to tell stories under pressure and the ability to write stories quickly
Skills, Attributes and Attitudes
• Excellent interviewing, writing, reporting and story origination skills;
• Must have an ability to work independently under minimum supervision;
• Have excellent writing skills;
• Able to demonstrate a history of successful news and sports stories;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Excellent diarising skills;
• Must be highly professional;
• Must insist on maintaining highest integrity and meet strict accuracy criteria;
• Must be resourceful and willing to go beyond the call of duty;
• Must be prepared to work unusual hours and be prepared to travel on short notice.
Qualifications and Experience
• Understand media law, ethics and the press code;
• At least 5 years’ experience in journalism;
• The candidate should have a proven track record in print or electronic media;
• Excellent knowledge of domestic and international sport;
• Able to demonstrate a history of successful sports stories;
• Must have a valid driver’s license and passport;
• Extensive contacts in domestic sport.
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 18 November 2020
Arena Holdings is an equal opportunity employer and as such, preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organisation.
Kindly take note that if we do not respond to you in the next two months, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.