Senior Sub Editor
Position: Senior Sub Editor
Reporting to: Head: Production Hub
Publications: The Herald, Weekend Post, Daily Dispatch & Community Titles
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / OUTCOMES
• Down table subbing, copy tasting and revise subbing for a variety of different publications.
• Write imaginative headlines when required.
• Rewrite reporters’ copy where necessary.
• Show a commitment to high quality subbing practices.
• Laying out well-designed and attractive pages
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• A relevant qualification in Media – related degree would be advantageous
• Minimum of five years subbing experience on a mainstream daily or weekend newspaper
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• A thorough knowledge of journalistic ethics and practices
• Knowledge of digital platforms would be an advantage
• Good general knowledge
• A commitment to high quality journalism
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Experience in page design and layout in a newspaper environment
• Excellent pagination and page design skills
• A talent for writing imaginative headlines and above average command of the English language.
• Initiate and recommend fresh and imaginative ways of working.
• Strong sub editing skills would be an advantage
• Above average command of the English language
• Good interpersonal skills.
Please send your CV to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday, 26 February 2021
Arena Holdings (Pty) Ltd is an Affirmative Action Employer and as such, preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organization. Kindly take note that should we not respond to you in the next 21 days, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.