Fast News Reporter
Position: Fast News Reporter
Reporting to: Digital Editor and News Editor
Publications: The Herald and Weekend Post
The Herald and Weekend Post require a young and highly motivated journalist to take up the position of fast news reporter.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / OUTCOMES
• Must keep digital platforms up to date with breaking stories and be able to file clean online copy on tight deadlines. Should be at ease generating multimedia content.
• Must be able to work quickly, independently, be self-motivated and confident.
• Must be able to write reports which are objective, well-balanced, well-written, easy to understand and comprehensive. They must also adhere to the regulations of the Press Code.
• Will be expected to file at least nine short and comprehensive stories for the HeraldLIVE website daily.
• Must be able to identify stories which can be taken forward for the print edition.
• Will be required to establish a relevant, comprehensive and up-to-date contact base.
• Attend after-hours events and work weekends or public holidays when required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or Communications, or equivalent qualification and experience.
• Must have at least 1 to 3 years news reporting experience.
• Must have excellent command of the English language, both in its written and spoken forms.
• Excellent news and feature writing skills.
• Excellent interviewing and story idea-generation skills
• Strong interpersonal and fact-checking skills
• Ability to work under extreme pressure, and deliver on deadline.
• Valid driver’s licence.
Applications and CV’s should be addressed to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday, 16 July 2021
Arena Holdings (Pty) Ltd is an Affirmative Action Employer and as such, preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organization. Kindly take note that should we not respond to you in the next21 days, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.