Position: Senior Reporter
Reporting to: News Editor
Departmen : Editorial
Location: East London
The Daily Dispatch is looking for an experienced senior reporter to join our East London team and to boost our reporting on the Buffalo City region.
The applicant must have strong research skills that will help produce watchdog journalism and uncover stories that contribute to the Eastern Cape’s greater good. The senior reporter must use their judgment and experience to set the news agenda. Only those that have the skills and resources to deliver hard-hitting news stories should apply.
The successful candidate will provide content for both print and online, and must be an active participant on social media, or at least demonstrate a working knowledge of digital platforms.
• Produce well-written, relevant, and accurate and balanced news stories;
• Produce exclusive accountability stories and investigative projects;
• Establish and maintain communication with contacts with a view to sourcing stories;
• Work to established style and deadlines;
• Ensure delivery of high-quality stories, and
• Perform any other duty as is reasonably assigned by the news desk.
Skills, Attributes and Attitudes
• Be self-motivated with an ability to work within a team;
• A valid driver’s license; and
• A good knowledge of the Eastern Cape, and Buffalo City Metro specifically.
Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant Diploma/Degree in Journalism;
• At least 5 years’ experience in Journalism;
• Excellent news gathering, research and writing skills;
• Ability to work accurately under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Unimpeachable integrity;
• A solid contact base in the political sphere; and
• Ability to travel and work irregular hours.
Please send your CV to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 22nd September 2021
Arena Holdings is an equal opportunity employer and as such, preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organisation.
Kindly take note that if we do not respond to you in the next two months, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
Would you like to comment on this article or view other readers' comments? Register (it’s quick and free) or sign in now.
Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.