Gig Guide: All the best in music, entertainment and fun
14 Dec to 21 Dec
• The Metro FM Heatwave takes place from 12pm at the Buffalo City Stadium. Tickets from R250 per person are available from Computicket.
• Comedian Riaad Moosa brings his one-man-show, Not a Nice Guy,” to the Venue @Hemingways from 8pm. Tickets are available at Computicket from R120 per person.
• The Christmas Luminosity Market opens at 10am at the Gonubie Agricultural Showgrounds. The display will be up until December 22. Tickets are available online at www.lightingtickets.com. Entry for adults is R85 and R75 for children.
• Catch master illusionists Bryan King and Gary Rusch in their highly acclaimed show, Sheer Magic, at the Guild Theatre studio from 11am. Tickets are R50 for adults and R40 for children. Tickets are available at the door. The show runs until Saturday, December 21.
• Don't miss the magical pantomime at the Guild Theatre from 7.30pm. Wela Kapela Productions and the Guild Theatre present Rodgers and Hammerstein’s classic musical version of Cinderella. Tickets from R100 are available at Computicket. The show runs until December 22.
• Go “Glice Skating” at Vincent Park shopping mall in East London from 1pm to 5pm, in the area in front of the H & store. R50 for 45-minute sessions. As space is limited sessions need to be booked. Glice is just like real ice, and skating is done with proper ice skates, however it is an eco-friendly synthetic ice product that requires no water or electricity. The attraction will run until December 22.
• Enjoy a unique and challenging Chintsa trail run at Tea in the Trees starting at 6.30am 37km, 14km, 7km distances are available. Entries can be made on Quicket via a donation. All proceeds will go towards the Chintsa Runners under the Friends of Chintsa NPO. For more information contact Steve Avidon at steveavidon@gmail com or on 08 293 5481.
• The hottest acts will grace the Buyel'Ekhaya Pan African festival stage at the Buffalo Park Cricket Stadium from 12pm. Don't miss the impressive line-up which includes Zonke, Sho Madjozi, The Jaziel Brothers, Busiswa, Vusi Mahlasela and many more. Tickets are R250 and are available from Shoprite, Checkers and Computicket.
• Jesse Clegg will be live at the Emerald Vale Brewery in Chintsa from 6pm. Tickets are R140 for adults and R70 for children and can be purchased from Computicket.
• Don`t miss the 6th annual Best of the Best boxing event at the East London ICC. Be there to witness Gideon Buthelezi take on Alexandra Murin. The event starts at 2pm and tickets are available at Computicket from R150 per person.
• Visit Tea in the Trees in Chintsa for their Sunday market from 9am.
• Catch DJs Chunda Munki and Sam Mkhize on the decks at the Highgate Hotel from 4pm. Tickets at R80 are available online on Quicket or at R100 at the door.
•Table 58's Student Summer Sesh will see Aston Wylie and DJ Robbie D entertain from 3pm to 9pm. Tickets are available online on Quicket at R80 per person.
•The Dynamic Dance Academy's annual showcase takes place a the Guild Theatre from 6.30pm. This year's showcase will have audience members Dancing Through the Decades as performers showcase a variety of routines in contemporary, classical, Spanish, hip hop, modern, afro-fusion, belly, gumboot, pantsula and other dance styles. Tickets are available at Computicket at R100 per person. Also showing on Tuesday.
• Catch the Bottomless Coffee Band live on the AGS Gees en Lewe Church's outdoor stage from 6pm. Tickets are R120 for adults, R80 for high schoolchildren and R50 for primary schoolchildren. Guests are encouraged to bring their own picnic baskets and snacks. For tickets and more information contact Andriette Le Roux on 072 083 1371.
• Catch local self-taught musician, Jason Gladwin live at Legends Showcase Venue from 7pm. Tickets are available at Lee Gold Music at R80 per person or R100 at the door.
• Arno Carstens will be live a the Emerald Vale Brewery in Chintsa from 7pm. Tickets are available on Quicket at R150 for adults and R80 for youngsters under 16 years old.
• The Duncan Village Homegrown Festival takes place a the Gompo Stadium from 4pm. Tickets are available at Computicket at R100 per person.
• Catch Veranda Panda live at the C Club from 4pm. Tickets are available online at Webtickets from R50.
• East London will be hosting the Eastern Cape 10s series for the first time. The sporting festival starts at 8am at Grens High School. Awesome music, celebrities, sport presenters, and rugby legends can be expected on the day.