JOB ADS | Marketing manager
Here's your chance to join the team at one of South Africa's most innovative publishers
Marketing manager, Daily Dispatch
Reporting to: General manager
Department: Daily Dispatch
Location: Beacon Bay, East London
We are looking for a highly motivated marketing manager to oversee the marketing of our online, print and eventing businesses. This includes driving online audience and print readership growth, brand marketing and business-to-business marketing, as well as the execution of successful and profitable events. The incumbent will oversee a team of three people and work with several external providers.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of marketing strategy.
- Be the custodian of the Dispatch brand and drive brand adoption and awareness at every level.
- Develop and conceptualise all marketing collateral in conjunction with external designers and service providers.
- Drive online audience growth by means of social media and online advertising campaigns.
- Develop and implement a calendar of promotional offers and point-of-sale presence to drive circulation growth.
- Grow event revenue by securing partnerships and sponsorships and increasing ticket sale revenue and by executing successful and polished events.
- Develop plans and collateral for marketing to advertising customers in conjunction with the sales manager.
- Oversee the erection of branding and collateral at our own events and any events we may partner with.
- Initiate, develop and maintain business relationships with key stakeholders.
- Maintain healthy cross-departmental relationships and work closely with other departmental managers to drive business growth.
- Coach, mentor and motivate and develop the marketing team.
- Generate reports and attend management committee meetings.
- Oversee and manage the marketing revenue and expense budgets and ensure financial objectives are met.
- Must have a strong and proven management track record.
- Must be prepared to present a portfolio of creative collateral produced under their oversight.
- Must have the ability to manage a diverse team and stakeholder base.
- Must have at least three years’ experience in a marketing or agency environment.
- Experience in a management position is highly advantageous.
- Should preferably have a recognised degree or diploma or equivalent.
- Must have high-level contacts in the business environment.
- Knowledge of the Eastern Cape region will be an advantage.
- Must be prepared to work after hours and over weekends and travel when necessary.
- Strong management skills.
- Presentation and creative skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Relationship building and communication skills.
- Project management.
- Results orientated.
- Ability to manage complexity.
- Leadership and coaching abilities.
- Strong diplomacy.
- As soon as possible.
Applications deadline: September 4 2018
Applications and CVs should be addressed to Nosiphiwo Pinyana on email@example.com.
Tiso Blackstar applies the principles of the Employment Equity Act and, as such, preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organisation. If we do not respond to you in the next two months, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.