Contact the Daily Dispatch or DispatchLIVE
Main contact numbers:
Tel: +27 43 702 2000 (office hours)
Tel: +27 43 702 2124 (after hours)
Fax: +27 43 748 1723
Physical address: Corner St Helena Road and Quenera Drive, Beacon Bay, East London, 5241
Postal address: PO Box 131, East London, 5200
Subscriptions call centre: Tel: 0860 52 52 00 or firstname.lastname@example.org
6am–3.30pm on weekdays (email support until 8pm; 4pm on Fridays) or 6am–2pm on weekends
What would you like to do today?
- Contact the newsdesk: email@example.com or +27 43 702 2000
- Subscribe to DispatchLIVE or the Daily Dispatch, or ask about a subscription: Visit our online subscriptions page, contact us directly on Tel: +27 43 702 2168/2239 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or speak to our call centre on 0860 52 52 00 or email@example.com
- Subscribe to the e-edition (an exact digital replica of the print edition): Click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report a newspaper delivery problem: +27 43 702 2168/2239 (8am–4.30pm, Mon–Fri) or +27 43 702 2112 (midnight-8am, Mon–Sat). Non-deliveries reported before 8am will be redelivered on the same day
- Advertise in the newspaper or on the website: See below
- Submit a letter: email@example.com (see note below)
- Register a complaint: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enquire about circulation: 0800 422 244
- Report a technical problem with the website: Email Luke Charter on email@example.com with as much detail as possible about the problem
- Republish our material in print or online: Luke Charter on firstname.lastname@example.org or Mkhululi Ndamase on email@example.com
- Request back copies of the Daily Dispatch or ask for research or photographic prints: Glynis Smith on +27 43 702 2129 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters to the editor
While pseudonyms are sometimes acceptable, correspondents should sign letters and provide a name, street address and daytime contact number. The editor reserves the right to edit letters.
Advertise in the Daily Dispatch or DispatchLIVE
To place a classified ad, contact:
- email@example.com or Tel: +27 43 743 4343
To advertise online or in print, contact:
- Tel: +27 43 702 2000
To place your digital advertising on DispatchLIVE:
Editorial contacts: Daily Dispatch and DispatchLIVE
- News desk: Mkhululi Ndamase on firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 43 702 2015
- Features and Opinion editor: Julia Butcher on email@example.com or +27 43 702 2245
- City news editor: Julia Butcher on firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 43 702 2245
- Editor: Chiara Carter on email@example.com or +27 43 702 2242
- Deputy Editor: Cheri-Ann James on firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 43 702 2217
- Political editor: Zine George on email@example.com or +27 43 702 2063
- Digital Operations and Production Manager: Luke Charter on firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 43 702 2054
- Photographic editor: Alan Eason on email@example.com or +27 403 702 2130
- Night news editor: Mike Loewe on firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 43 702 2233
- Sports editor: Mesuli Zifo on email@example.com or +27 43 702 2073
Library and archives
The Daily Dispatch Library contains the following archive material:
- Electronic: Mid-2004 to present day
- Bound volumes: 1975 to present day
Appointments may be made with Glynis Smith to conduct research: firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 43 702 2129.
Please contact the City Library for our archives prior to 1975: email@example.com or +27 43 722 4991/2/3. Alternatively, one may contact the SA National Library on +27 21 424 6320, +27 21 487 5619 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Useful contact information
Our library often receives queries concerning the search for relatives. The institutions below may be able to assist:
Tiso Blackstar Group BEE credentials
Tiso Blackstar Group (formerly Times Media) is the publisher and owner of the Daily Dispatch and DispatchLIVE, among others. Blackstar Holdings Group is a Level 3 contributor to broad-based black economic empowerment on the generic scorecard set out by the Department of Trade and Industry.
The Daily Dispatch and DispatchLIVE subscribe to the Press Council's Code of Ethics and Conduct for South African Print and Online Media, which prescribes news that is truthful, accurate, fair and balanced.
If we don’t live up to the code, please contact the public advocate at Tel: +27 11 484 3612. You can also contact the case officer on email@example.com or lodge a complaint online at www.presscouncil.org.za.